Saturday, September 10, 2011

Start Spreading the News

As soon as I told Bryan about the baby all I wanted to do was tell our families and friends! Bryan thought it would be best to wait because it was still so early. Him and his dad went into the garage to work on a few projects. He quickly walked back into our room a shut the door and said "we have to tell our parents cause all I want to do right now is tell my dad." I was so excited that he came around to the idea and we immediately started planning how we would tell everyone. We decided we would only tell our families and some of our close friends until I was further along.

Later that day Bryan and I went to our friends Andy and Jeff's wedding. It was such a fun wedding and we'll remember it forever! In order for me to look like I was drinking at the wedding we let our friends Sarah and Eddie in on our big news! They were super supportive and they toasted to our new little family :) They did a great job at making sure my glass of wine was always half empty, especially Eddie!


On Monday (July 18Th)
In honor of my grandma I decided I wanted to cook her favorite meal for Bryan's family. It just so happened that it would also be the perfect night to tell his family about the baby. Bryan's grandparents, parents, brothers, and Val were all there. I worked really hard to make my grandmas fried chicken but I must admit, I've got some learnin' to do. We toasted with coke from a glass bottle (her favorite) and I was honored that the whole family was there to comfort me and toast to my grandma.




This video is Bryan telling the family. It's priceless!



Bryan's parents were both so excited.


Jimmy got dirt in his eye...



The whole family.
All the Green men :)







On Tuesday (July 19Th)
we went down to my grandpas house for a BBQ in honor of my grandma. The whole family was feeling down and we thought it would be important to get together and be supportive of each other and share the happy stories of grandma. This was the perfect time to share the news of the baby. We wanted to share some happy news to hopefully perk up the family or at least give them something to look forward to. My mom was so happy for us. I couldn't wait to tell her. I knew she was really upset about her mom and it made me feel special to let her know that she was going to be a grandma (again!)



That same day we made a trip to see my dad and tell him the special news too. He was excited in his own way :)




After we left my dads place we made our way over to the Brian's to see the 3 day old Nathan and to see how the new parents were doing. It was already pretty late at night so we knew it would be a quick visit. While we were visiting we also let them know about our little growing baby.


Candace and I have always wanted to be pregnant at the same time...although I didn't know at the time, but we were both preggers for 5 weeks! Hopefully in the future we can plan a bit better :)
The video is blurry but Candace's reaction is awesome! Enjoy.




That Friday we were lucky enough to have his aunt LaDonna and cousins come into town. Bryan's mom had a bbq at the house. The whole family was there including both of his aunts. We also invited Jamie, Scott, Jason and Shannon over so they could hear the news too. It was so hard to give excuses to Jamie on why I wasn't drinking! As I got up from the table to go to the bathroom she told Bryan that she thought I was pregnant. He tried to brush it off but she knew her BFF too well. As soon as I got back Bryan announced to everyone I was pregnant and Jamie yelled "I knew it" and burst into tears. She was so happy and it made me start to cry as well. It took others a few minutes to realize that we weren't joking :)








The next people we told were our friends Mike and Andrea. It was perfect because we went out on the boat and that is where we got to tell them the great news! Bryan and I are looking forward to all the many trips we get to experience with the Slattery's and their future children. Enjoy the video (done by Kevin G)




2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm going to blame my outrageous preggo hormones but I cried watching every video. I am so happy for you two or three I should say! Didn't anyone wonder why you were videotaping or did they not notice?

Love you,

Danielle

Ang said...

OMG, I am LOVING this post so much. I bawled my eyes out when you told your family. What a special moment...so glad it was captured on film! I can't wait to see pictures of all of the fun coming your way. xoxo to you!