Friday, October 7, 2011

Lake Vacation!


This summer Bryan and I were spoiled! We started off our 8 day vacation at a small lake called Scott's Flat that is located in Northern California. Andrea and I grew up going to this lake and so this trip was extra special for us. The four families (Caslavas, Grovers, Caras, and Johnsons) would make the long drive up to the lake every summer since I was about 7 years old. It was the best part of summer. After all of us kids graduated high school our schedules got hectic, the trips stopped happening. After many years of not going to Scott's Flat, we decided it was time to visit memory lane. Andrea and I got to show our Husbands where we learned how to ski, wake board, knee board and more importantly hardcore tubing :) It's a lake that we hope baby Green will know and love as well.
The whole group! Each of the original four families is represented here. We are missing a few from each family but each family has also grown. I love all of these people so much! I've know most of them since I was 3 years old.


This trip was also special to us because my niece, Scarlett, got to come. She loved it!
After the wonderful3 days on Scott's Flat Lake, some people went home and the rest continued on the journey to house boating at Lake Shasta. Once we got up to Lake Shasta we met up with some of our other friends. We were excited because Bryan's brother, Kevin, and Kevin's girlfriend, Val, came up too! Here's a picture of our Costco run...The first night on the boat was a party night. We had a ton of fun! Although we didn't plan on it being only couples, it ended up being 7 couples (5 newly weds and 2 'almost' engaged). Being pregnant kept me from drinking but it didn't slow me down :)We played flip cup (I played with water). I wanted to keep playing but I ended up with a bunch of drunk people :)


One of the nights we were playing 'the newly wed' game on the top of the houseboat and we had a visitor. We named her Paul. She loved us!



This is a picture of the group that was on our houseboat. Couples Retreat 2011 was awesome!




No comments: