Friday, March 2, 2012

9 Month check up

I can't believe it has already been 9 months! We are so excited to see our little man! At the last doctor appointment I was dilated 1 cm and 60% effaced. The doctor said his head was really low. Baby Green is ready to come out and meet everyone but my body is not ready to let him out :) As I think about baby Green being on the outside of my body, I'm mixed with emotions. I'm extremely happy but at the same time I'm going to miss the feeling of being pregnant.

Favorite Spot
Through out the pregnancy baby Green has favored my left side. I'm not sure why but he is always over there. As he gets bigger I've been able to make out his body parts. He keeps his butt and back against the left side of my tummy and his hands and feet push against the right side. A few times he has made his way up into my rib cage. It has caused so much discomfort that while driving I wasn't able to change lanes and had to go forward because I couldn't twist my body! He hasn't been much of a kicker, he just rolls around and pushes up against the sides of my stomach...it's as if he is always stretching :)

Work
I'm still serving tables and Ruby's and I love it. It's the perfect job for a pregnant lady! My manager, Steve, has been nice enough to give me the short shifts (about 3-4 hours) so I'm not on my feet for too long. I get to make money and get some exercise at the same time. Plus, people love a pregnant lady :) The tips are great!

Oh my back!
For me, the worst part about being pregnant has got to be the back pain. My lower back is always in some kind of constant pain. My lower left side is the worst side! I'm constantly trying to get someone to rub it...For my birthday gift my mom took me to Burke Williams for a pregnancy massage. I HIGHLY recommend that to any pregnant woman. It was amazing and helped with some relief.

Labor Classes
Bryan is the type of person that doesn't like classes or meetings of any type. He didn't really want to go to the labor classes but he knew they were important. Fortunately, our teacher was really amazing and had a lot of fun with us. The people in the class were also great and we were happy that we took them. After the classes we felt very prepared for everything. Who knows what can happen on labor day and its best that we prepare for any possibility.

First Book
Since baby's remember what books you read to them when they are in the womb, Bryan and I through it would be a good idea to start reading some books to baby Green before we go to bed. I showed him the book "Go the Fok to Sleep," that we got at the San Diego baby shower. Bryan thought it was so funny so he read the book to the baby. Once we were done reading it, we realized that it was the first book we EVER read to our child...Oh what amazing parents we'll make :)



No comments: